Monday 23 January 2017

WAYNE ROONEY INSISTS HE IS COMMITTED TO UNITED AMID CHINESE INTEREST



England and Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney, insists he is ready to see out the rest of his united contract despite a reported £1 Million per week offer from China.

Wayne Rooney who recently broke a 44-year record held by Sir Bobby Charlton as United’s highest goal scorer is now the leading goal scorer for united with 250 goals, a feat he achieved during the 1-1 premier league draw with stoke city, had received a bid from Chinese Super League outfit, Beijing Guoan before the start of the season.



Speculations over the English Man’s future at the club have been rife due to his lack of game time. But Rooney has now stated his intentions to remain at United. Speaking to Sky Sports at the Football Writers Association Tribute Awards on Sunday, Rooney said; “I am committed, I have been at the club for a long time. Football is a strange game. Anything can happen and things change very quickly but I am happy at Manchester United. Of course, as I have said before, I want to play more games.
"I am in a happy place, a good moment personally, so I think I have a year, with an option of a year to go. We will see what happens and what happens after that."


Rooney has made 8 starts in 16 premier league appearances this season, scoring 2 goals and 5 in all competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment