|DAME (DR) PATIENCE GOODLUCK JONATHAN|
A woman who single handlely mobilised the women of Nigeria to come together and make not only a stance but an impactful positive stance in making Nigeria better.
A woman we all know as HER EXCELLENCY, DAME (DR) PATIENCE GOODLUCK JONATHAN
The ceremony was held on Sat 15 October 2011 @ Royal Gardens Hotel, Kesington, London W8 4PT
The Masters of award: Ms Patti Boulaye and Charles Ajayi-Khiran
Entertainment of Award: Xplicit dance and Funshur Sax
The event commenced with arrival and schmoozing of guests, which included many high profile Nigerians and friends of Nigeria.
Distinquished guest on the night inluded the High Commissioner of The Federal republic of Nigeria to The United Kingdom. HE DR DALHATU SARKI TAFIDA, OFR and his esteemed wife HE MRS SALAMATU TAFIDA.
|Dr Tafida and Xplicit dance|
Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances our First lady was regrettably unable to attend the event but she honoured Nigerians in Uk by appealing to another great woman of like mind. A lady who Nigeria holds in great esteem: Hajia Zainab Maina Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development for the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Nigeria’s First Lady Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan was born into a respectable Christian family of Chief Lazarus Iwari-Oba at Port-Harcourt in Rivers State Nigeria.
She obtained the National Certificate of Education (NCE) in Mathematics/ Biology in 1989 from Rivers State College of Education and a Bachelor of Education in Psychology & Biology from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Dame Patience Jonathan’s working experience spans through Teaching, Banking, Sports Administration and Civil-Service before she got married to then Deputy Governor of Bayelsa state and years later, Bayelsa State Governor’s wife, wive of the Vice President and finally wife of the President Nigeria.
As the First Lady of Nigeria, a position she assumed after her husband was sworn-in as President on the 29th of May 2011 in Abuja, she has been associated with the socio-economic upliftment of the Youths and Women of Nigeria.
This pleasant woman is endeared to numerous people for her philanthropic and charitable contributions. Founder of the A. Aruera Reachout Foundation that has over the past eight years trained over 4000 women in different skills make it possible for them to care for themselves and their families. This wounderful woman has been described by many people as a role model who has never stopped adding value to people’s lives with her charity works.
Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan showcases a mindset and dedication underlying her avowed pursuit to help the less privileged break from the bondage of poverty, disease and underdevelopment. Dame is a friend of the less-privileged and a mother to the orphans who has never stopped supporting poor people through her Soup Kitchen largesse; scholarship awards to children of the less-privileged in the society and medical support and assistance to children with heart conditions.
In attestation to her charitable, political and humane contribution to society, she’s got more international and national accolades such as:
1) A recipient of the International award for Excellence by the Yitzhak Rabin Centre, Tel Aviv, Israel 2008. This is the first of such recognition by this famous centre since its inception
2) The “Beyond the Tears” International Humanitarian Award New York, USA, 2008 for her role in the global fight against HIVAIDS.
3) Pro-Chancellor and Fellow, African BusinessSchool (October, 2008)4) African Goodwill Ambassador Award(Los Angeles, USA, April, 2009)
5) The Conferment of traditional Stool of Iyom“Ada di oha mma of Ukpo” by H.R.H IgweRobert Eze.6) The conferment of the traditional title ofUnume Wheshi Ekpeye 1 of Ekpeye Kingdom in Rivers State by the Eze Robinson O. Robinson the Ekpeyelogbo.7) A traditional Staff of office bestowed on her bythe Okpahgwe Amawbia in Anambra State.
Recipient of the Award for Excellence from theChristian Women Fellowship for upholding dignity and positive projection of womanhood in our generation.
9) Recipient of the Wind of Positive Change Award from the SouthSouth Women Organization.
10) Recipient of ‘Defender of the Poor’ Award by Society of StVincent de Paul (Abuja Catholic Archdiocese)
A Peace Lover , a mother to her two lovely children, Dame Jonathan spends her leisure time swimming, reading, writing as well as traveling.She is happily married to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,President. Goodluck Jonathan, a man whose humane, consultative, prudent and visionary intellect is unparalleled. The union is blessed with two wonderful children
|Patti Boulaye and CEO Vivacity PR|